NAET Avoidance Protocol
As part of each NAET treatment the patient is required to avoid the substance (allergen) that is being treated, for a period of 25 hrs post treatment. In some cases there are few restrictions. In other cases there are numerous restrictions and the patient should plan meals carefully checking product labels diligently. Eating or handling foods and products that contain the treated allergen runs the risk of "losing" the treatment.
The following information on the NAET BASIC Allergens should help in this regard:
1. Egg/chicken/feathers: Avoid ingesting, handling or being near any food that contains egg or chicken. Read all prepared food labels carefully to make sure that egg and chicken are not in the ingredients. Make sure that feather pillows, duvets and comforters are not anywhere near the patient or the patient's sleeping area. Avoid the drug tetracycline as this is a drug that is commonly given to chickens to prevent disease.
2. Calcium: Avoid ingesting, handling or being near any food, medication or supplement that contains calcium. The following foods are rich in calcium and need to be avoided: Dairy products, dark leafy vegetables, seeds, beans, nuts, oily fish (salmon, sardines, mackarel), supplements.
Drink and cook only with demineralized water (distilled or osmosis). Refer to the following page for more specific food information: http://naetottawa.com/en/naet-avoidance.html?page=2
3. Vitamin C: Avoid ingesting, handling ot being near any food, medication or supplement that contains Vitamin C. Foods rich in Vitamin C include: Fresh fruits, dried fruits, leafy vegetables, juices, soft drinks, milk, artificial sweeteners, Vit C supplements. Refer to the following page for more specific information about vitamin C in a variety of foods: http://naetottawa.com/en/naet-avoidance.html?page=3
4. Vitamin B Complex: Avoid ingesting, handling ot being near any food, medication or supplement that contains any of the B Vitamins. You need to avoid: whole grain products, fruits, vegetables, meats, dairy products.
You may eat: white rice, white pasta, cauliflower, salt, sugar, coffee or tea (black) and most things that are deep fried like french fries and deep fried fish.
Refer to the following page for more specific information about B vitamins in a variety of foods: http://naetottawa.com/en/naet-avoidance.html?page=4
5. Sugar Mix: Avoid ingesting, handling or being near any sugar product that ends in "ose" such as dextrose, fructose, sucrose, maltose, lactose and any other natural sweetener (honey, beet sugar, syrup, jams, jellies, molasses) wine, sugary liqeurs, etc.
You may eat: white rice or pasta, vegetables, fish, meat, egg, water, coffee (black).
6. Iron Mix: Avoid ingesting, handling or fruits with pits (peaches, apricots, dates, etc.), dried fruits (prunes, raisins, dates, etc.), brewer's yeast, seeds, nuts, beans, lentils, egg, all meats except chicken, shellfish, coffee, green leafy vegetables, whole grain (including cereals).
You may eat: white rice, sour dough bread, cauliflower, potato, chicken, light green vegetables, orange juice. Refer to the following page for more specific food information: http://naetottawa.com/en/naet-avoidance.html?page=5
7. Vitamin A mix Mix: Avoid ingesting, handling or being near any products rich in Vitamin A, namely: yellow & green fruits and vegetables, green fruits and vegetables, dairy products, fish and shell fish.
You may consume brown and white rice, pasta (without tomato or cheese), potato, cauliflower, red apples, chicken, turket, beef, pork, egg, salt, olive oil, coffee.
You may eat: steamed rice or pasta, potatos, chicken, red apples, water, coffee.
8. Mineral Mix: Avoid eating root vegetables, and drinking tap water and spring water. Avoid handling all metal objects such as keys, jewellery, cutlery, door handles, pots, pans, etc. Gloves should be worn during the avoidance period and the patient should drink and cook only with distilled or osmisis filtered water readily available at most grocery chains such as Loblaws.
9. Salt Mix: Avoid eating all types of salt (table, coarse, kosher, rock, sea, iodized, etc.). You should also avoid the following ground fruits and vegetables: celery, romaine lettuce, watermelon. Avoid sea food, kelp, processed foods, canned foods, frozen foods, restaurant foods, red meat, root vegetables, oats, avocado, tomato, cabbage, cucumber, asparagus, pineapple and tap water and mineral water.
10. Corn Mix: Avoid all foods made with corn including corn starch, corn oil, corn syrups, soft dringks, carbonated drinks, breads, creams, shampoos, tooth paste, dedourants, baking soda.
11. Grain Mix: Avoid using foods made with the following grains: wheat, oats, rice, corn, millet, barley.
Fill in the form below to send this web page to a friend: